site image
site image
local_florist

Worthington Chapel History


In 1925, Fred Myers purchased the residence of Josephine Owen, located on Jefferson Street in Worthington, Indiana, and established Myers Funeral Home. His son and daughter-in-law, Keck and Goldie, purchased the business from him in 1955. The funeral home remained in their family until 1978, when Keck passed away, then Welch & Cornett purchased it from Goldie. Soon after the purchase, the facility was completely remodeled. In 1988, Vern Spoor was hired to manage it for the Hasler family. He and Todd Walton purchased the Worthington and Linton funeral homes from the Haslers on January 1, 2004.  Todd and wife Cindy then purchased Vern and wife Gia's part of the business on April 1, 2014.

These two locations have collectively served the area for over 193 years. We are proud of this heritage and honored that so many have placed their trust in us throughout the years. As an independently family-owned funeral home, we will continue this fine tradition as we strive to meet the needs of the families.

site image

Vern and Gia Spoor

site image

Keck and Goldie Meyers

site image

Delmar and Rod Hasler

Former Owners and Funeral Directors

In this section

Worthington Chapel History

Worthington Chapel Tour

Worthington Directions

© 2017 Welch & Cornett Funeral Homes. All Rights Reserved. Funeral Home website by CFS